Saturday, May 03, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things

While I was waiting for the F train today in Brooklyn, a mother with two boys who were probably around 9 years old walked up and stood near me. The mother instructed the two boys (dressed in the baseball uniforms- adorable) to sit on the steps until the subway came. I don't know what they were talking about that led to this point but one boy looked at the other and said in the sweetest and most sincere little voice,
"Yea... I used to think that swiss army knives were made out of swiss cheese when I was little."

I am not even kidding you. Oh man, I wanted to bottle that child up and carry him with me all the live long day. It was just so precious the way he said it. Reason #65 why I want little boys of my own some day. Many.

No comments: