Monday, November 17, 2008

Signs of Washington

Since I moved to Washington I have noticed that signs here are unlike signs anywhere else I've been.  We're talking road signs, informational signs, promotional signs.  Everything.  Perhaps it's just because I didn't grow up with signs like this, but I find them really amusing.  I noticed several funny ones when I first got here, but not until recently have I actually stopped the car along the side of the road to take pictures.  And that I have done, stopping whenever I see a great sign, making my friends take pictures from the passenger side window, and generally disrupting the good of the order for the sake of my blog.  The material is JUST SO GOOD.  And here are the results of my efforts...
Please note the "fine" horses immediately on display behind the advertisement

Classic.  Mind you, I saw no cows anywhere in the area of this sign.  None

This was REALLY out in the country.  I don't live quite this far out

The top one says "Follow your nose to Thorp"- I'm not even going to ask why.  Please note there is a sign for the Post Office and also for the Box Factory

These massive fruit/antique stands (clearly a natural combination) are everywhere.  And all of them have signs this large.  It's unreal

I have lived here three months, and I still haven't the slightest clue what aplets or cotlets are.  No clue

Please let the irony of this sink in.  This is my all-time favorite

No wait, this may be my all-time favorite.  Palm Springs, eh?  Last time I checked, I was wearing a winter coat.  And you may mean "pine" instead of "palm"

No comments: