Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bagels, Broadway, and Beds

Towards the end of our time in Mexico we started asking one another the question, "What are you most looking forward to when you get home to the states?"  Other than the obvious answer of seeing family and friends (which we would all say), we all had pretty varying answers.  Some were excited for their family Christmas traditions while others were stoked to eat something other than tacos and tortas.  Still others were ready to kick back and watch some college football.  My answer?  Bagels, Broadway, and Beds*.  I could think of nothing better than eating a New York bagel after 4 months without the best bagels the world has to offer.  No offense to the bagel makers all over the rest of the world, they're just better in New York.  Crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, toasted, perhaps with a little cream cheese and lox?  Yes, please.  And oh how I long to see a Broadway show!  Going from a once or twice a week fix to nothing just makes me soul long for a little spontaneous song and dance.  And reading all fall about the new shows on Broadway just made me want to see them even more.  And you bet your bottom dollar I'll be seeing at least one while I'm back in the city before leaving for Romania.  Finally, my bed.  Whether in Washington at ACTS or in PA (nothing ever quite tops your childhood bed!), I was entirely looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.  Granted, the beds at the hostel were fine, but they were not MINE.  With MY sheets.  We are back in the states now, and while I have enjoyed some great sleep, I am still waiting on the other two until I am back east.  I do kind of miss all the good corn tortillas though...   

*Note: I miss other things too, such as my dog, Hannah, my piano, and other more ultimately meaningful entities, but alas, the Three B's make for a nice blog entry.  

No comments: