Friday, December 12, 2008

Sunsets in San Miguel

The sunsets in this city are unreal. And there are several great locations to see said amazing sunsets, including a rooftop bar and a hill where there is a large cross, presumably from a former chapel. One night we made the schlep up this massive hill, including about 100 steps at the end. Mind you, we are at elevation 6000 feet, so any physical exertion feels like someone is clamping down on your lungs, shrinking them to the size of a walnut. Right. Don't even get me started about how pathetic I feel after I run for 10 minutes. But oh man, is it worth the oxygen deprivation to see the sunset! I'm not even kidding you, it was amongst the most splendid sunsets I've seen in my days. And I just wanted to share it with you all. Enjoy.


No comments: