Friday, May 22, 2009

Travel Log: FOOD!

I will take a little "break" from the usual nature of my travel log to write about some of the tasty treats I had on my trip. I really like food. Really. Like. Food. And while I eat very well in Romania, thanks to a Romanian roommate, American teammates, and loads of African and Malaysian friends, sometimes I just want to have certain foods that I can't get LIKE THEY ARE AT HOME. I can't even tell you how much I have been craving a cheeseburger. On a bun. With cheddar cheese. With really good meat. And cooked medium. I sometimes WISH I could stand in the obscenely long line at Shake Shack, just to have one of their burgers. I don't even care that it would be waiting in line for an hour. For a burger. I would be eating a Shake Shack burger.   

But there I go digressing again. Right now I want to talk about the food I had while on my little trip, which happens to include a tastilicious cheeseburger. Hence the digression. And we all know what Belgium has to offer- chocolate, beer, and waffles! All of which I ate. I took a few pictures of some of my food, just so I could remember that aspect of my trip in all its culinary glory. Next week I will resume with more travel logs from the last few stops on my trip.

Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. For lunch, of course

These are NOT both mine. But boy do I love beer in Europe

The great cheeseburger which took me back to NYC. Almost as good as Shake Shack. Almost

No comments: