Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ab Fab

I love my friends. Tonight we had dinner for 12 at Park Avenue Cafe, where, after 830pm you pay your age for a 3 course meal... and at a restaurant where the entrees alone are in the high $30s... it's an amazing deal for twenty-somethings. LIKE WOH.
But I just wanted to post about how much I truly love my friends. We've all been so busy and really swamped with work that we haven't hung out as a group in awhile- but, I kid you not, I haven't laughed so hard for such a prolonged period of time in months. It was fabulous.
We decided that the 12 of us could legitimately (more or less) take over the world... with the combination of... 3 bankers (Lehman and JPMorganChase), development for The Met (yes, the art museum), sales for Veranda (a southern living magazine), an architect, a professional hockey mascot (we'll forgive him for that one), an editor for Daily Candy (only the trendiest daily on the internet), an advertiser in fashion and, yes, alcohol, and a Procter and Gamble junkie who markets beauty products with style... and me, in "health insurance" as Emily said...
Basically, amazingness.
For a brief moment I felt like I was back in college, without a care in the world. But then I remembered, that oh yes, this is actually my life... and it can still be this fun. :)
Oh, and did I mention that the Chocolate Cube at Park Avenue Cafe (where we went for dinner), is Uh-May-Zing? These are the moments that make it all worth it.

No comments: