Sunday, April 22, 2007

My next project

So I'm finishing up this rare disease stint pretty soon. And so I thought I would see what my next project would be. Kris gives me the low down on potentials, and I go back to my desk.

About 5 minutes later, Brian comes over and says, "Do you have 5 minutes?" And given that there's only one appropriate answer to that question, I followed him to his office, gathering that I'm probably staffed with him next.

We sit down.

Brian turns around and says, "Well, you're going to Paris."

Now, take a second to digest the thoughts that flew through my head in all of 2 seconds... First there's the OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!! Then the Oh my gosh, keep yourself composed, you are a professional adult person of sorts. Then Oh my GOSH, I'm going to Paris?? Holy crap. Just a year ago I was throwing chocolate syrup on the junior class during Hey Day and drinking margaritas on any day of the week I felt like it and now I'm going to be doing international business travel??? Then, Ok, Liz, focus on what Brian is saying. This is important. Here. Now. Breathe.

Then details details details flight hotel map details dates details.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped for the opportunity and basically pretty grateful and excited that, oh right, my job is awesome.

Here are some pictures from the last time I was in Paris. Four days in Paris. May 3-6. Oh man, and I might even get to see the Orsay this time!!




1 comment:

David said...

liz, i was hoping youd write about cornwall, ct