Thursday, July 26, 2007

Jones Beach

This past weekend we ventured out to Long Island for a little beach action and a concert. What concert? None other than Lifehouse and Goo Goo Dolls. We're talkin throw-back to high school with this concert. Both bands were fine, played some classics, and it was enjoyable. But who I really enjoyed was their opener- Colbie Caillat. I bought her CD when I got home and have been listening to it incessantly. Then I YouTubed her and discovered a duet with Jason Reeves, who is also awesome. And I found out that he's performing in NYC, and so I'm going to see him.

I had never been to Jones Beach but heard it was a cool concert venue. That would be an understatement. Let's just talk about the mere fact that the stage sits in the water. In a bay type area very Dawson's Creek-esque. And the seats? Yep, they overlook this bay, as well as the ocean. With the sun setting in high 70s temps? Beautiful, excellent, awesome, lovely. And really, if you had asked me my idea of an ideal summer in "the real world," I would have to say that weekend beach/concert trips with my best friends would definitely be exactly what I would say. I mean, other than somehow NOT working and just sitting around all day every day at a beach/pool/lake. But let's be reasonable.




No comments: