Monday, August 13, 2007

Good Eats

One of my most favorite things in life (thank you mom and dad) is eating well. I love good food. And because good food usually comes with good people and memories, so many memories are intimately linked with food. What better place for me to live in order to explore this love than New York City? And what better combination of factors could I have on top of this than parents who love to eat well, godparents who are total foodies too, Restaurant Week (where nice restaurants offer $35 for 3 courses) twice a year, and awesome work events like project luncheons and committee reward luncheons. In the past 3 weeks I have had an unusually concentrated amount of excellent meals, including Megu (Japanese) and One If By Land, Two If By Sea(Bistro American-y), both for Restaurant Week with good friends, Vong (French Thai) for a Buddy Lunch with coworkers, and Le Cirque (French) with Brian for a project lunch. In addition, this Friday the picnic committee is going to The Water Club (Classic American, along the river), which I have been hoping to try for some time. Needless to say, my stomach is a happy camper. And it's even better when someone else pays. ;)

No comments: