Sunday, December 30, 2007

Brooklyn in Pictures

Now that I have my own camera, in case you haven't noticed, I've been taking more pictures. And not just stealing my friend's and pawning them off as my own. When my friend was visiting before Christmas we went down to DUMBO in Brooklyn (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) for some delicious Grimaldi's pizza. Like the bagels, they don't make pizza anywhere like they do in New York. Particularly Brooklyn. Now, I actually always thought that "B" in DUMBO stood for "Brooklyn," making it Down Under the Manhattan and Brooklyn Overpass. Because really, it's under BOTH bridges, the Brooklyn bridge more notable in my mind. But it's not. Just in case you were dying to know. Maybe it's because you can walk across it, or maybe because it's absolutely a stunning bridge, or maybe because it has far more history than the Manhattan bridge could ever hope to have, but I truly love the Brooklyn bridge. So, while we were in the neighborhood, I thought I'd take a few pictures.



On the way to DUMBO we walked through to the subway through Park Slope, via Grand Army Plaza. And because I think it's such a cool big statuesque thing right smack in the middle of my neighborhood, that I walk by all the time, I wanted to take a picture and share. Because needless to say, I don't usually have my camera when I go to the farmer's market that is held there each and every Saturday, BUT, this was a special Saturday, as we were going to DUMBO. So there ya have it.

The last and final picture of the day couldn't have been cooler if I had planned it. Just a father and his son sitting on the huge uprooted... roots of an old tree. I like it.

Along these lines, another friend of mine shared with me a Brooklyn photo-blog she found. Ok, so I'm biased, but I really think it's great. I am particularly fond of the recent pictures from Dyker Heights (unfortunate name, I know), of ridiculous Christmas lights. Pretty sweet. Kathy and I will have to settle for our little Christmas tree and its 200 lights. For now.

No comments: