Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Little Things

Having time for the first time in life to actually read my National Geographic subscription.

Sitting silently on a couch on a Saturday night listening to a fellow ACTS member play random musings on the guitar.

Having time for the first time in my life to ask friends for prayer requests and know that I will actually pray for each and every one of them.

Laying in a hammock in the middle of the apple orchard for hours reading.

Buying the Sunday New York Times and reading every section.

Going for a walk after dinner.

Sitting for an hour by a creek and talking to God.

Writing one actual snail-mail letter every day to someone I love.

Generally sitting silently.

This is my life now, and I love the simplicity and yet depth of it.  I thank God that I am here, and am absorbing every little detail of the mountains and trees and fruit and people.  And all the time.  All of the time.

No comments: