Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sleeping in Seattle

Immediately before coming to ACTS I had a brief stay in Seattle with my friend Lindsay.  I had never been to Seattle, and given that it is the airport to which I needed to fly for ACTS, I thought I would book my flight a few days in advance and get a feel for this city that everyone seems to love so much.  And in fact, I found it quite beautiful and lovely, just as everyone said.  I didn't get a chance to do too much, particularly since we were consumed by the Olympics for the one evening I was there (eating veggies purchased at Pike Place Market mmm).  But it was great to drive around the city, see the original Starbucks, see the "postcard view" of the city, and chill out at Greenlake for a bit.  I definitely enjoyed the city and want to go back.  Looks like a weekend road trip will need to be in order. 

It's like the opening to Grey's Anatomy!

Greenlake

Some of the many beautiful flowers at Pike Place Market

The famous fish stand where they throw whole fish

No comments: