Monday, March 09, 2009

How Romania Does Handicapped


This is a picture of the entrance to the police station, with Trevor kindly demonstrating the angle of what I assume is the handicapped entrance. Now, I have only seen one wheelchair in my two months here, but perhaps the reason I don’t see any is because no one in a wheelchair can get out of their apartments because this is Romania’s idea of handicapped-accessible. Right. Who was the engineer on this project? I could sled down that ramp! You’d think with all the bureaucracy they’d love the idea of making every sidewalk and building handicapped-accessible. Because it would take lots of people and lots of time and lots of complications, and most of all- lots of paperwork! Just what Romanians bureaucrats love! Food for thought. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you