Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Beautiful Reminder

The other day it was raining and because it was also sunny I looked outside to see if there might just be a rainbow. Oh and indeed there was. I don't think pictures ever quite capture the beauty of rainbows, but I decided to take a picture of this one because of the clouds and because you could also see the moon (the white dot above and to the right of the rainbow, which is way less cool in the picture than it was in person). This is the view from our deck and the building in the background is one of 22 student dorms that all look pretty much like that.  
I have set my rainbow in the clouds and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and and the rainbow appears in the clouds I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on earth. - Genesis 9:13-16

No comments: