Monday, August 17, 2009

Mondays with the Munchkins

I've started helping Dave and Erin by watching their kids on Monday afternoons. Which really is more like them helping me, since children are seriously the best way to unwind. Because it's perfectly acceptable to run through the house with a blanket over your head screaming "PIRATES! PIRATES! RUN!!" No one looks at you strangely. Good therapy.

So today at lunch while eating tortellini (Zeke who is 4 likes his plain and Marit who is 2 likes hers with olive oil) I was chatting with them, asking what they had learned at school (with their mom) today. Zeke told me that he learned about the earth and learned a song to help him remember the continents. Then this was our conversation:

Me: What continent do you live on now?
Zeke: Europe.
M: What continent is Maryland on?
Z: Mmmmmm... South America.
M: Close! It's North America. So you've lived on two continents and you're only five. Maybe by the time you're 25 you'll have lived on all 7 continents!
Z: Yea but I don't think I'll live on Antarctica.
M: Why?
Z: Yea, I don't think I will live on Antarctica and I could never live on Asia.
M: Why?
Z: *big eyed* HUNDREDS OF TIGERS!
M: OH!!! That would be scary. Are they in ALL of Asia?
Z: No. Not in towns.
M: What towns?
Z: Where the people live.
M: Got it.

One of the many reasons I love these children.

No comments: