Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Student Exam Care Packages

Ever since my first months in Iasi I have wanted to make care packages for students during exam time. It's such a stressful and busy time (I mean, it's MEDICAL SCHOOL), and I have thought it would be a great way to serve our dear friends. This year I finally had the right combination of time and people available to help. So, my roommate and I went to Selgros (basically like Costco) and bought lots of goodies. The next morning two friends came to help assemble the care packages, which consisted of a juice box, bag of chips, Sugus (like starburst but way better), hot chocolate, Post-Its, a snack cake, an orange, and an assortment of homemade cookies.  




We then divided up the bags amongst the team and spent the afternoon and evening delivering the care packages. Even though it was cold cold cold, Anna and I had a great time trekking around the city with bags overflowing with goodies. What a joy to be able to love on friends in this way, get to visit lots of students in their own homes, and pray for them while we were there. I was going to take some cheese-ball pics of us delivering them, but I thought better of it. But just trust me when I say, it was great. It's such a great honor to be a part of this work serving and loving the international community here in Iasi.

No comments: