Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Foreign Moment of the Day #1

Now that I'm back and settling into life in the U.S. of A once again, I'm having some funny "foreign" moments. As in, I've been away long enough that there are just things I don't know about, or my frame of reference has changed in such a way that I make silly mistakes, as if I were a foreigner. Rather than get upset or frustrated, I have decided to LAUGH at these little mishaps. We'll see how long that lasts.

I now present you with my foreign moment of the day...

While looking at a Google map of the neighborhood where I'll be living in NYC...
Me: This is so awesome! They have a Jesus (pronounced Gee-zuhs) Tacos right in my neighborhood!
Friend: Um Liz, I think it's probably Jesus (pronounced Hay-soos) Tacos.
Me: Ah yea, you're probably right.

Apparently this is what happens when you haven't seen anything written in Spanish in years.

No comments: