Sunday, August 27, 2006

Little League


This is the first year that I have not been home for and/or attended a Little League World Series game. Every year I can remember I have attended at least one game, and many times the championship, sitting with upwards of 40,000 fans to cheer on 12 year olds playing baseball. All the games are free, and all the workers are volunteers. One time President Bush even threw the opening pitch. Kentucky won that year 1-0 with a solo home run in the first inning that landed about 10 feet from me, as my brother and I were sitting on the hill in the outfield. Tonight is the final- Georgia vs. Japan, and I know nothing about either team. I have watched a few games on tv though, since they're all on tv now (it didn't used to be so commercialized), but it's just not the same as being there in person and seeing these kids pour their heart and soul into this great american game of baseball.

No comments: