Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Fall Movies

So I'm really quite excited for the movie line-up this fall. After a horrrrible summer of crap movies, I am quite thrilled to see what looks to be some quality movies. Recently I have seen The Illusionist, The Departed, and The Prestige, the latter two being among the top movies I've seen in recent years. I mean, Jack Nicholson makes any movie awesome, but seriously all-around excellence from actors in The Departed. And the more I see of Leo Dicaprio, the more I like him. I really don't want to like him, but oooh man he's good in The Departed. And Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg too. Quality. The Prestige is just phenominally written and directed. Typical Christopher Nolan- it really makes you think, and I like that. A lot.

So here are my picks for upcoming movies that I am really looking forward to seeing:
Babel- Brad Pitt's new film- I have hiiiigh hopes for this one
Running with Scissors- already released, I LOVE the book, so I want to see the movie
A Good Year- I mean, I love Russell Crowe, and his movies are almost always solid
Stranger Than Fiction- Will Ferrell. Need I say more?
Fast Food Nation- Again, good book, interested to see the movie
For Your Consideration- From the maker of such classics as Best in Show and A Mighty Wind, I am thoroughly excited for this one
The Nativity Story- So can I just say that I cried when I saw the preview for this? I hope this is well-done, and I think it will be excellent during the Christmas season
Unspoken- Intriguing, supposed to be in the vein of Memento, could be interesting
Blood Diamond- Leo DiCaprio doing another big film- I'm intrigued
The Painted Veil- Ed Norton is awesome, and I love movies that deal with anything public health related- cholera outbreak in China? Ok.
The Good Shepherd- I hope DeNiro gives us a good movie. My only concern is that I don't think I really can see Damon and Jolie as a couple. That's just weird

Needless to say, this list gives me hope that Hollywood has not completely gone down the tubes and may actually still be capable of producing some quality films.

No comments: