Thursday, February 01, 2007

Amusing work stories

So, in case you haven't caught on, I love the people with whom I work. There is just never a dull day, and laughs are easy to come by. Here are some classic EA moments.

Last Friday one of the partners (Robert, who is absolutely hysterical, and never PC) sent out an email to the entire company with the subject line "Annoying Passengers." The body of the email read as follows:

If you are sitting next to somone who irritates you on a plane or train follow these instructions:

1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.

2. Remove your laptop.

3. Start up

4. Make sure the guy who is annoying you, can see the screen.

5. Close your eyes and tilt your head up to the sky.

7. Then hit this link

I thought I was going to die laughing. Did I mention that he's Orthodox Jewish? Yeah, pretty unbelievable.

So then Monday another one of the partners (Michelle, the most impeccably dressed woman I've ever met who never has less than 6 pieces of jewelry on, is usually in all black, and wearing knee-high boots, usually running about frantically, and is the easily one of the most talented people I've ever met at "selling" any point or argument) walked into the kitchen where we were all eating and starts chatting about something from the client meeting from the previous week. I was so confused and curious as to what was going on, I asked them to explain the backstory.

So apparently while at the client meeting several of the men were admiring Michelle's beautiful necklace, saying they wanted to get one for their wives, and Michelle was saying she could get them some (her father-in-law is in jewelry)... and then one of the women said she REALLY liked it, to which Michelle replied, "Really? Do you want it, you can have it." The woman clearly thought she was just being polite, but no, Michelle took off her neckalce and put it on the woman. The very next day (part 2 of the client meeting) the woman had it on, in the exact same way that Michelle had worn it the day before. Love it. Furthermore, Michelle had ordered similar necklaces for all the other men for the wives.

After being so informed I said, "Wait, so you just GAVE this woman your necklace??"
To which Michelle replied, "It's no big deal... it was just crystal and white gold."
Right.

And this is why I love where I work.

No comments: