Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Who's Your Audience?

Sometimes I wonder who reads this. I mean, I used to think that I knew, or at least had a general idea. And really, the only point of my blog initially was to keep friends/family I don't get to see often updated on my life. But then it kind of took on a life of it's own, and I had friends of friends reading it, and random people I hadn't talked to in ages would tell me they regularly read my blog... and then the managing directors at my company came upon it... and so around about February I thought I knew.
But it's not like I can "see" who visits, or even how many "hits" my blog gets. Do random strangers happen upon it while surfing blogger.com? Do people read regularly, like once or twice a week? Or once a month? Have I "lost" readers over time?

You know, there really is no sense of accountability with things like this. I mean, really, it's this completely anonymous, almost voyeuristic system, if you think about it. Which is kind of freaky- what if some strange person I've never met read this all the time because he/she thinks it's interesting/funny/whatever else? But of course, I opened myself up to this voyeuristic world by posting for all the world to see, so it's not like I'm complaining. But sometimes I wonder. I really do. Unfortunately, I suppose I'll never know.

No comments: