Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sporting Events Like Woh

I've been out to Queens a lot in the past two months. Like WAY out in Queens. Two visits to the U.S. Open and two visits to Shea Stadium to see the Mets rock out. That's what I'm talkin about. The Open has got to be one of the coolest events that happens every year in NYC. And when the match you see is Federer/Roddick, that is just sweetness. I mean, I saw several other awesome players, like Venus Williams, but the Federer/Roddick match was ridiculous. Good ridiculous. I'm not a tennis player and I don't watch tennis on TV except for during the Open, where I make a point to keep track of every match. But I love watching tennis live. It is the greatest combination of speed, grace, agility, and strength, all in one. And I can't even imagine being able to return a ball that is zooming at me at 140mph, let alone with any degree of accuracy or without breaking my wrist in two. So yeah, I have respect for people who can. Here's a pic from one of the nights I went, thanks to Bridgette who scored us some sweet FREE tickets from her company.

And baseball... well, what could be more American than eating a hotdog, drinking a beer, and watching your hometown team rip up on some other less-important city? Add onto that 10 of your friends and you have yourself a memorable night. Now, one of the two games was Phillies/Mets, so, my loyalties were divided. But I basically saw it as a win-win situation, and I wouldn't really disappointed no matter what. Here are some pics from the games.
Shea Stadium!

Impromptu group shot on the subway. Classic.

The guys being... guys.

And the ladies, perfectly posed. Obviously.

Entering into fall with baseball and tennis? Yes, please.

No comments: