Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My friend's movie

So in saying "my friend's movie," that is a loose term, but technically accurate. My friend Cass, who is one of the coolest people I've had the privilege to call a friend for a large portion of my life, is ridiculously talented in the area of sound. Like the kid knows everything about sound engineering. Those big contraptions (otherwise known as sound boards) that you see at concerts with thousands of dials and buttons that look incredibly daunting and make me think "gee, do all of those actually DO something?" Yeah, he knows how to work those.

As a side bar, he's also a phenomenal musician. I can totally brag about him, because he's super humble and would never ever talk about himself. We met at music camp (yes, I know, I KNOW), and were instantly the best of friends, joined by our mutual love of playing the piano. We even did a duet together. But not only does he play the piano, he can rock out on the guitar, trombone, and probably several other instruments I've never heard him play. And he's introduced me to so much new music that I am forever indebted to him. He's basically my go-to guy for all things musical.
Did I mention that he helped me buy my first keyboard? Yea.

So he worked on this indie flick about turning the remains of dead people into diamonds. Or something like that. The plot (for me) is really secondary to the fact that my friend Cass did all the sound for the entire movie. Because he's awesome.
Check out the trailer. The rumor on the street is that it also has won some awards at a few movie festivals. Because of the sound, clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you DID post about me! It's easy to be humble when I have great people like you to brag about me. Thanks :)

No, we haven't won anything with this movie; not yet at least. We won this summer with a documentary we did last fall. As for this film, our first festival is in two weeks from now. Cross your fingers!