Monday, February 11, 2008

If Only I Had Seen This

Some pretty strange shizzle happens in New York. And there are some people and groups who feel the need to add quirk onto an already quirky city. One such notable group is ImprovEverywhere, who stages random scenes of... random stuff. This past fall they did a prank where 100+ men simultaneously took their shirts off in the middle of Abercrombie and Fitch on 5th Ave to... what else, shop. On a more Grand scale (literally), 200+ people simultaneously froze in place in the middle of Grand Central's main terminal last year about this time. I just watched the video today, sent out by one of my coworkers, and wow, I just about died laughing. Because while it may be funny to people in general, it increases exponentially in awesomeness if you a) know what Grand Central is like with people running around every which way and b) know New Yorkers and how quite literally almost nothing phases them or gives them cause to stop and stare. And so watching this video and hearing the reactions, wow, it's just awesome. And now, please excuse me while I go watch the videos for every other prank ever pulled by ImprovEverywhere.

No comments: