Monday, February 18, 2008

New Meaning

Tonight when I was feeling a little nervous about this whole heart surgery thing, I called my dear friend Alexandria to gain a little bit of perspective and just get back on track. She quoted to me this verse, which, when I just thought about it, has a totally new and quite literal meaning for me:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your HEARTS and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:4-6

Ok, so it's more amusing/ironic than me taking it literally/seriously (for all you out there who think I've turned all crazy Christian by saying that). I truly love these verses and memorized them some time ago to recite to myself when I'm going through tough times. But, it is somehow oddly appropriate that she quoted me these verses tonight with a very obvious intent (the non-anxiety thing, giving it to God, yadda yadda, all that stuff that looks good on paper but is so much harder to actually do), and yet it contains the most perfect word, "heart" that I need in this very moment. It is times like these that I think God is smiling down and chuckling along with me, as if to say, "It's gonna be alright, I've got this under control. You just sit tight and let me take this one." Thanks Zana, you're the best. :)

Thanks also to all of my friends and family and coworkers and everyone else who has been praying and who will be praying for me tomorrow. It does not go unnoticed and certainly is not taken for granted. I appreciate you all very truly.

No comments: