Monday, December 21, 2009

Favorite Christmas Movies

I think that a person's favorite Christmas movie tells a lot about them. No seriously. Think about it. What are some of the big Christmas hits? It's a Wonderful Life. White Christmas. A Christmas Story. A Christmas Carol. Miracle on 34th Street. Home Alone. Elf. A huge range of styles and genres and kinds of stories to fit the myriad of personalities and peoples. Most people I know definitely have a FAVORITE. And as I've thought about it, for most of these people, it's really indicative in some way of their personality. Take me for instance- without question my absolute all-time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. Not only did I watch it most every year with my mom, but it's just so perfectly me. Happy singy dancey and a tad cheesy. Then there's my brother- A Christmas Story. A little in-your-face, anti-Christmas Christmas movie. Totally my brother. And he definitely watches it multiple times every year on the TBS 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon. I think a close second for him would be Home Alone. And given that my brother WAS Kevin as a child, I think it's a great fit. No joke, I think he knows the entirety of the dialogue of the movie.

I may not be 100% correct, but I do think there is some truth to this hypothesis. So let's give it a testaroo. What's your favorite Christmas movie? And do you think it's telling of your personality in some way?

No comments: