Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ice Skating Africans


Now that's something you don't see every day! Ice skating africans. I wonder if there has ever been an African in the Olympics for ice skating? In any event, most Africans don't know how to ice skate. Understandably. But here in Iasi we have an ice skating rink. And as part of my job is to plan fun (embarrassing?) group adventures, I thought this would be a great idea. Indeed. I don't have much to say other than it was a great time. About 20 people came out, and we had our 1.5 hours on the rink mostly to ourselves. I'm pretty sure the workers had as much fun as we did, and probably laughed way more than we did. I have some greeeeat video footage, but for now I'll leave you with some pictures.
Timid Nomsy getting a little help

A few falls...

This just looked like trouble to me... indeed a few seconds later they all fell

Taking a break for a quick pic

Femi was the champ of the evening. He probably fell 30 times, but he just kept at it and was skating pretty well by the end!

No comments: