Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Food Palooza

It's no secret that I love food. Making it. Eating it. Looking at it. Dreaming about it. Planning for it. Anticipating it. And I'll stop there lest you think I also idolize it.

I just dig food. So I tend to take pictures of food I make or that others make. Some people like to remember the cool statues and monuments they see on their vacations; I like to document and remember what I eat.

So another installation of a food-themed blog. I'll just let the pictures tell the story.
The spread at a recent birthday party for two Nigerian women. They do not mess around. The little round dough balls in the front left are called puff puff and they single-handedly could convince me to move to Nigeria. The Jollof Rice on the bottom right (the reddish-orange stuff) would also do a good job of convincing me...

These are unquestionably my favorite cookies to eat, and they also happen to be the most popular amongst the students. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal cookies. Seriously amazing.

My teammate Hollie is a bread machine. I literally think she makes bread everyday. I'm basically in awe of her Mad Skillz.

And this my friends is a pumpkin apple butter pie with streusel topping. You can get the recipe here. This is also the first pie crust I've ever made from scratch. Anything that involves rolling, kneading, or rising is a bit intimidating for me, but I stepped up this time and it turned out reasonably well.

Now that I've made you all hungry, go whip up something yummy, take a picture, and treasure every last bite. 

No comments: