Saturday, January 06, 2007

70 degrees and sunny

That's the weather today.

Did I mention that it's January 6th?

Right.

I'm slightly torn about this because honestly, usually at this point of year I have no desire to even step outside because instantly the snot in my nose is frozen solid, my ears get tingly, and I am really only concerned about the quickest way to get back INSIDE.
On the other hand, I realize that 70 degree weather in January is just simply not good in the grand scheme of things. Unless of course it's Florida. All that environmental, global warming jargon just seems a little too real in times like these. I'm thinking that maybe I'm going to have to push up my trip to DC to see the Cherry Blossom Festival because, quite frankly, they may be blooming now.

But for now, I'll just be satisfied wearing a tshirt and shorts to run outside, delay joining the YMCA until it gets to cold to put it off any longer, and embrace the happiness that warm weather in January brings.

No comments: