Saturday, January 27, 2007

A New Discovery

Last night 6 of my little crew ate at Orsay for Restaurant Week, and it was just so lovely because we have all been feeling overworked, stressed, and just in general, well, tired. So it was good to have a 3 hour dinner with good friends, good conversation, and good food.

Somehow, and honestly, if you asked me how we got to this conversation, I couldn't tell you, as we are the most tangential bunch EVER, we started talking about brushing our teeth, and Matt chimed in that he loves to brush his teeth in the shower. Oh, now I remember, we were talking about our morning commute and arguing over who has the "busiest" and most "crowded" commute. Ok people, we all live in New York City and commute on crowded subways. Let's not play the "one-up" game. Done.

But I was like, WOHWOHWOH, stop the train a minute... you brush your teeth in the shower???
And then I had that awkward moment where I questioned whether maybe I was the only one at the table who didn't brush their teeth in the shower. Apparently most people have tried it, but it's somewhat of a regular occurence for Matty. He said, "You know, I tried it once or twice and it was just so exhilarating that I couldn't go back. You should try it sometime."

And you know what, this morning I did indeed brush my teeth in the shower. And despite my skepticism, it was truly a great experience. Just chillin out under the shower and brushing away. What a way to enhance both the teeth brushing AND showering experience. Glorious.

From this I have to say...
1) If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Please let me know how it goes.
2) If you have, let me know, because now I'm kind of curious whether this is a common thing that I just have been missing out on for 22 years of my existence.

Disclaimer: If this just totally weirded you out by this, well...

No comments: