Saturday, June 09, 2007

One Year Ago

As another installment (and probably among the last of it's kind) of my musings on "what I was doing last year on this day") one year ago today I was on a train traveling from Rome to Venice. Really, I'm writing this because last June I was backpacking through Europe with Meesh. On what turned out to be one of the most formative experiences of my life. So, I've been reading through my journal every couple of days, since we both spent a lot of time writing, and it's just kind of crazy all the memories that it brings back. Hiking in Cinque Terre, hanging out with Anthony in Perugia, the crazy mean French train station attendant, drinking too much beer in Munich, the Coliseum, Eiffel Tower, concentration camp, David statue, castles, churches, countryside, mountains, hostels, people, conversations, explorations, adventures, wow. And a year has gone by. Here are some pictures from our trip. So I have about 700, and now I'm finally doing my scrapbook, which will include about 300 of the best. I'll just give y'all a few. :)

Big Ben

Eiffel Tower

Cinque Terre

Duomo in Florence

The Coliseum

Venice Canals

Munich Beer Mmmmm

Salzburg Castle

Prague Castle

Best picture ever. I love the World Cup

Watching soccer with 700,000 Berliners

Amsterdam

Me and my cuz Michael in Marburg

Ending our backpacking adventure in Newark

No comments: